Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Water, anyone??

Aaaaaaaah the joys of life!! It’s AMAZING the everyday things you take for granted. For instance: you all know how hard life is when you don’t have water…but have you really thought about where it goes when it goes down the drain? In our situation, it’s the septic tank. Yep, you guessed it! We get to experience life like we almost don’t have one. I rudely found out yesterday afternoon that our septic was VERY unhappy with it’s current functioning condition. I had been doing some household cleaning and some laundry and it had started getting late in the afternoon and I hadn’t yet showered because I had scrubbed the shower floor and wanted to leave the cleaner on as long as possible to disinfect it. So when I got around to showering I rinsed the floor REALLY well and hopped in. I was JUST about to grab the shampoo when I heard the toilet making a strange glugging noise. And just then the shower started filling up with water THROUGH the drain. NOOOOOO! And I JUST cleaned it. 

It turns out our septic needs pumping. It may just be a partial clog…but it’s time for a pumping anyway…what a way to burn $300! The GOOD thing is, once the water went back down we still have partial usage…we can still use the toilet and wash our hands but much more than that gets scary. So no laundry, showers, or dishes until TOMORROW! Thank goodness for friends nearby with showers and laundry rooms!

Here’s to the little things in life!

1 comments:

The Earls said...

Hey Christina!
I found your blog through the reunion site and wanted to say hi, so "HI!"
Your kids are cute. Hope all is well with you.
Crystal (Elliott) Earl